*Update Mar 4 2008*
See what Abdullah Badawi talked about his 2004 promises at The Star.
Every General Election, every party spends a lot of money on advertisements, posters, billboards… especially Barisan Nasional, with their sweet propagation and promises.
Now, before 12th Malaysian General Election, I would like to highlight the propagation and promises advertised at newspaper at 2004 General Election. In 2004, Prime Minister Abdullah Badawi was a new Prime Minister, his appearance has given new hopes to Malaysians, with his promises like fighting corruptions, reform the government to be more efficient and more transparent, reduce criminal cases, decrease the racial gap and live up harmony society, “I want to listen to truth”, “Not work for me, but work with me”, so on and so forth. MCA even described Abdullah Badawi as Bao Gong, a Chinese judge in Dynasty Song that famous with his high integrity and fairness.
Let’s have a look back these advertisements and his promises (in Chinese):
4 years passed, how many promises that he had achieved?
- Zakaria Mat Deros… He able to build a house that can be called palace, no one is checking him.
- Someone who taking bribe still a minister but someone who reporting a bribe is being accused.
- Khairy, his son-in-law, from time to time flaming up the issues between races, then he could have demonstration against Condoleezza Rice, and police automatically issue the gathering permit to him, but all demonstrations called up by non-government bodies were either banned, brutally dismissed or blamed with untrue facts, even at International Human Rights Day, demonstrators were charged in court because of organizing peaceful gathering, which is granted legally under constitution.
- Hishammuddin, giving speech with his unfriendly gestures to non-Bumi races, but didn’t get any ISA actions, while people fight for their rights were detained under ISA.
- MCA and MIC, can’t fight for the rights for their own people, while acting as slaves of UMNO, not dare to voice up any unjustified decisions and unproper statements made by UMNO.
- I laughed out loud when the Zainuddin being interviewed by Al-Jazeera, his English make Malaysian ashame. I also very frustrated with his Information Ministry where controls the media and threaten them to cover Barisan Nasional’s bad stories with their annually renewed media permits.
- More and more toll gates were built, why we still need to pay road tax?
- The astronaut project, spent billions of ringgit that paid by us, what do we benefit from it?
- Could you walk in midnight alone without fear of getting robbed or raped?
- Could you leave your mobile phone or laptop in the car and go shopping without worry?
- If you are from sin city Johor Baru, did you get snatched or robbed before?
- During 2006 Johor flood, Abdullah Badawi didn’t stay in Malaysia stand by for the Rakyat, but went to Australia to launch a Nasi Kandar restaurant for his relatives.
- And now they are spending our hard earn money to advertise them again, with senseless advertisements.
The Malaysian constitutions are getting challenged even worse after Abdullah Badawi took over, Lingam case, alteration of the constitution just to allow Abdul Rashid retire 1 year later. Abdul Rashid promised his SPR will run a fair and clean Election, but more and more phantom voters are discovered in passed few weeks, but no action was taken, another big liar.
This boy from Penang was passed away last year August. His family checked their own election detail, and they checked together for this boy:
with shocked, his family discovered that his IC has been assigned to a girl, from Puchong, named V.Nalynna Anak Perempuan Visvanathan. News from Nanyang.com
Those are just a little portion of problems that appear under the administration of current government, google yourself for more, or visit here.
Barisan Nasional, is a government full with liars, corrupters, racists, chauvinist pigs, cowards, idiots… Do you still want them to be your government? It’s time to change.